IT Project Master Scheduler
Serve as the Integrated Master Scheduler for large, complex State Information Technology (IT) contracts. The Master Scheduler will be responsible for providing support for short term and long term planning needs through the development, maintenance, and management of large and small Microsoft Project Schedules. The Master Scheduler shall demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and communication (written and verbal) skills; with the ability to manage complex project and resource schedules in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking under high pressure situations. In addition, the Master Scheduler will be required to develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) as they relate to the tasks that fall within the scope of the contract.
• Develop, maintain, and manage large integrated resource leveled schedules and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) to support the program.
• Work with multiple Project Managers in different groups to coordinate Project Life Cycles
• Develop Resource-Loaded schedules for multiple Major IT Projects
• Develop Project Baseline Budgets while at the same time maintaining the projects' schedules
• Perform Cost analyses throughout the Project Lifecycle
• Provide schedules and data to support contract management and administrative oversight to achieve the quantitative and qualitative requirements of this contract.
• Ensure scheduling requirements are executed at a level equal to or higher than stated standards and strive for complete customer satisfaction with all customers.
• Establish and maintain effective customer relationships with the goal of maintaining a mutually beneficial business relationship with the State.
• Participate and support work planning activities.
• Team with program management to ensure customer requirements are properly understood so that projects are successfully initiated and completed on schedule.
• Key responsibilities on contract performance include adherence to company and State processes, regulations, and statutes.
• Interface frequently with customers and internal staff, and will be responsible for organizing and conducting program schedule status reviews, team meetings, and various other business rhythms.
• Coordinate the preparation of schedules to support business plans, program work statements and specifications, and project execution plans.
• Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master schedules to identify program problems and recommend solutions.
Bachelor's degree in a technical or business related discipline
5+ years of experience managing large and complex program schedules of similar size and scope
5 - 7 years of integrated scheduling experience using Microsoft Project and Excel
Proven ability to support the decomposition of IT projects into a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Proven ability to lead and train subordinate level schedulers
Industry recognized technical/business certifications (e.g. PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, etc.)
• managing large and complex program schedules: 5 years